Friday, August 30, 2013

TxConnect Alert #1 of Junior Year...

Quick update on the post below-
Conversation regarding grades went well. Revisited his personal goals for the school year. He has taken responsibility for his part and has already addressed the assignment issue with his teacher and discussed an action plan. He's an amazing young man and despite him not loving school, he's putting forth great effort to have a strong junior year!

And so it begins folks- the grade alerts have already started.
No, our son hasn't been in school longer than the rest of the greater Austin area. Yes, his first day was Monday. No, we're not able to get him on the straight and narrow with schoolwork just because my husband and I have a Masters in Education. Yes, evidently he had an assignment due yesterday we had no knowledge of because he forgot he had to do it. No, he isn't passing one of his classes after five days. Yes, he'll be grounded and NO he won't be driving the car he just bought this weekend because he's...wait for it...grounded. 
Parenting is seriously hard work! Always, always know I feel your pain. I experience the highs and lows just as you do (perhaps your lows aren't as early on in the school year as I mine, but I digress). Time for me to remind myself of the Endurance Mindset. I'll reread my earlier post.  
Tonight, I'll choose to pass on the "grades/grounded" talk and deal with it in the morning because regardless of the hurdles, we just made it through the first week of another school year!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment