Thursday, August 29, 2013

Things that make you go, "Hmmm..."

-When your child says, "Nope. We never have homework in [pick your class]." Personally, I especially love hearing, "I didn't miss anything when I was out sick from school for three days!"
While our little angel would never tell us a fib about the responsibilities she/he has in school, now we can be certain by checking our grade level principal's blog! Yippee for less ambiguity! This is a friendly reminder to check out assignments due for the students on a regular basis. 
-When your child receives a consequence for being late to first period three times in a row when you know you dropped her/him off early to attend morning tutorials in first period. This is a friendly reminder- when in doubt, first speak to the teacher of record, then the grade level counselor, then the grade level principal. 
-When your child says, "I need money for lunch today," but you just paid Aramark  a good portion of your paycheck three days ago. Glad to know she/he likes the food prepared at school (less reminiscent of my hot lunch experiences I am sure, but so is the cost...)Manage your child's account online by visiting https://mobile.mylunchmoney.com/  This web feature became a personal Goldmine for my husband and me when we discovered it after our son claimed, "I have no idea how I used $45 already this week on lunch!"
Who knows?!?- maybe she/he is really eating (aka feeding) for three- like our son was feeding four 16 year olds everyday for a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment