Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ummm...

Yeah, well I have no real good way to start this next post so I'm just gonna jump into the deep end. 
I've been informed the boy's restroom in the 7th grade hall has been used...inappropriately...While I don't know the specific culprits or circumstances for a myriad of reasons- A) I have not interviewed every male student using that restroom, B) I'm not so much inclined to sit outside said restroom all day to even begin to interview the male population about the restroom atmosphere, C) Do I really even need to keep going?
Here's the bottom line-
The urinals in the C Hall are the kind that are on the floor. I'm not an expert on this but that seems to be creating some sort of dilemma/challenge for some of the male students. I've asked Mr. Shuman (the 6th grade Principal) to talk with all the 7th grade male students after lunch tomorrow (I'll dismiss the ladies and hold back the gentlemen) for a brief restroom etiquette talk. It will be appropriate and clean (pun intended). If you have a young man in the house, perhaps you could reinforce this with them-
If you make a mess, clean it up. If you see a mess, tell an adult so we can get the messed cleaned quickly. 
You can add other discussion points along this line if you like. My son has his friends over all the time and I've finally just told them all how it is because their at my house so much it's like their mine too, but I think I've said enough here... 

No comments:

Post a Comment