Monday, January 13, 2014

Semester II

My goodness! Last semester was a busy one for me both professionally and personally. I am sure this is true for each of you too.

Personally, we had some great medical breakthroughs for my son in late August, and my husband received a promotion that moved him back to Chicago in September. Professionally, I have been blessed to be able to work with an amazing group of 7th grade teachers who analyze testing data and plan together daily to develop effective and engaging lessons. I get to collaborate alongside a dynamic Administration and leadership team to implement systems to ensure the success and safety of each your students.And I get to continuously partner with you to ensure we are fostering an environment that holistically addresses the needs of your students.

There are a number of big items happening during Semester 2; I want you to be aware of them early on. Please read below and add to your personal calendar so we can ensure success for the students.

(On STAAR Shutdown- practice test days- and STAAR testing days, we are going to make a BIG ask that all the students attend school. If they are just battling a sore throat, sniffles, or stomach ache but they do not have a fever, send them to school. Making up major tests is even more stressful on the students than just taking it with their peers).

IMPORTANT DATES:

1/22 7th Grade Writing Shutdown
2/26 7th Grade Math Shutdown
2/27 7th Grade Reading Shutdown



No comments:

Post a Comment